What personal information do we collect and when?
We ask you for certain personal information to provide you with the products or services you request, for example, when you make purchases, contact our customer services or reach out to us over social media, request to receive communications, create an account, participate in our events or contests, or use our websites.
Such information may include:
- contact details, including name, email address, telephone number, shipping and billing address(es);
- login and account information, including login details and password;
- payment or credit card information;
- images, photos and videos;
- personal preferences including your marketing preferences; and
- social network information, including credentials and any information from your public posts about IRVINS or your communications with us.
Why and how do we use your personal information?
We collect and use the above information for the following purposes:-
to provide the features of our websites and the products and services you request and to communicate with you about such products and services
When you use our websites, we will use your information to provide the requested products or services, such as to verify your identity, handle your order(s) and payment instructions, or to fulfill other instructions.
To use certain features of our websites, you may need to provide us with additional information or additional consent to use particular information in a certain way. For example, to share content on social media, you may be required to provide your social media account credentials to sign in.
to communicate information about our products, services, events and for other promotional purposes
Where you have subscribed to our mailing list or otherwise consented to receiving marketing information from us, we may use the contact details you have provided to send you marketing communications (including via SMS) about our products or services, or those of our marketing partners. We may also use the information you have provided or which we have collected to personalize communications and advertisements regarding products and services that may be of interest to you.
to operate, maintain, design or improve our business or products and services for you
We use the information you provide to us to operate our business e.g. for accounting, audits or other internal functions. We may also use personal information such as your browsing or purchase history to improve our understanding of your interests and preferences so as to enhance your user experience, and to help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our websites.
to provide you with customer service
If you contact our customer service or in the event that a product recall may be necessary, we will use information about you, such as your order, delivery or payment information to help resolve a problem, respond to your questions or comply with food safety regulations.
general research and analysis
We use data about how our visitors use our websites to understand customer behavior or preferences, and to perform analytics and research aimed at improving the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of our websites.
where required under applicable laws, rules and regulations
Your personal information about how you use our websites may also be used to prevent, detect, or investigate fraud, abuse, illegal use, violations of our website Terms & Conditions of use, and to comply with court orders, governmental requests or applicable law.
We do not collect your personal information for sale.
Sharing of your personal information
We may share your personal information with:
- IRVINS entities for the purposes and under the conditions outlined above;
- service providers processing personal information for business purposes on IRVINS’ behalf e.g. for the operation of our websites, to process credit cards and payments, shipping and deliveries, host, manage and service our data, distribute emails, research and analysis, advertising, analytics, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features;
- relevant third parties where necessary to: (i) comply with court orders, governmental requests, or applicable law; (ii) prevent illegal uses of our websites or violations of our website Terms & Conditions of use and our policies; (iii) defend ourselves against any claims; and (iv) assist in fraud prevention or investigation; and
- any other third party where you have provided your consent.
We may also transfer your personal information in the event that we sell, transfer or restructure all or a portion of our business or assets (e.g. in the event of a reorganization, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
We do not sell your personal information.
Managing your personal information
Protecting your personal information
We use a variety of administrative, technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information. However, no website is completely secure, and we encourage you to exercise caution when using the internet to access our websites and social media.
We may use a variety of methods, such as cookies, to collect information (including personal information), when you use our websites, which may include your:
- IP address;
- browser, operating system, and device type, including their unique identifiers;
- country and time zone information;
- browsing history;
- interaction with our website such as click behavior and purchase history;
- access time and referring URLs.
functional cookies are required for basic website functionality and are therefore always enabled;
social media and advertising cookies offer the possibility of sharing content from our websites through your social media networks and collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests. Denying permission for these cookies may result in you not being able to link effectively on your social media platforms, or seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you.
You can manage cookies through your browser settings, or on your mobile device.
Our websites are not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children without permission from a parent or guardian, unless permitted by applicable law. By engaging in transactions on our websites, you represent that you are able to enter into and be bound by such transactions.